We’re pleased to announce our first ever photo competition!
It’s time to sift through your back-catalogue of images from past bikepacking trips and send us some of your best images for a chance to win a custom frame bag. Or, if you’re feeling inspired enough, get your kit together and head out in the next few weeks to capture that perfect image.
The lucky winner will receive a custom Wildcat zovirax 800 mg Gear frame bag to the specification of their choice, up to a value of £175.
We have two judges waiting to review your entries; both have an eye for fine detail, expansive views and a passion for bicycles. Judging will be conducted by Phil Taylor of Bespoked UKHBS / Libertine Bicycles, and Steve Makin – freelance journalist and renowned cycling photographer.
Here’s what you need to do:
Your picture should depict the essence of bikepacking and the freedom it provides.
This may be a landscape or abstract shot featuring your bike and its gear, or a picture taken at a bivvy spot, or one of friends riding their bikes packed with gear, for example. Photos can be either landscape or portrait orientation, and may be colour or black and white. Images submitted should be at their native resolution. Maximum of 3 photos submitted per person.
Please send your pictures to: email@example.com, by
31 March 2015.
Closing date for entries is now extended to 5 April 2015!
Make sure you include your full name, address and contact telephone number, a title for the image and where it was taken.
Full terms and conditions are set out below.
Terms & Conditions:
1. The promoter is: Wildcat Gear, P.O Box 97, Brecon, LD3 3BU
2. Employees of Wildcat Gear, their family members, Wildcat Gear sponsored athletes or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://wildcatgear.co.uk/photo-competition-2015
4. Entries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Maximum 3 photos submitted per person.
5. Closing date for entry will be 31 March 2015. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
6. The prize for the winner is as follows:
There is one prize only for best photograph. The winner will receive a voucher entitling them to one Wildcat Gear Custom Frame Bag. Choose from Leopard, Clouded Leopard or Snow Leopard, with custom options compatible with their choice of bag and intended bike, as detailed at http://www.wildcatgear.co.uk/product-category/frame-bags/. The limit on value is £175. The frame template must be received within 28 days of the winner being notified, subject to Rule 10.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
9. Winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges which comprises of Phil Taylor – Bespoked / Libertine Cycles and Steve Makin – freelance journalist and photographer.
10. The winner will be announced by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 28 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
11. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
13. Entrants state and guarantee to Wildcat Gear that they are the sole holders of any copyright pertaining to the photo submitted to the competition.
14. Entrants agree to the use of his/her name and/or image in any publicity material by Wildcat Gear on its website, in print or on social media channels. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
15. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Wildcat Gear, P.O Box 97, Brecon, LD3 3BU
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.